Thursday, March 30, 2006

March/April Update













Just got back from our week and a half tour with the boys (and girl) from the Lyrics Born crew. Florida, Utah, Colorado, Montana, Idaho, Nevada, California. We had only 1 day off, and that was a full driving day. We hit every kind of weather from snow and hail, and even what seemed like the middle of a tornado! The van was shaking- everything went brown (Visibility of about 2 in.) and debris was hurling by us at high velocity. Turns out it was a cold front causing severe thunder storms, but it was literally night and day when we drove into it- no rain, just a wall or mountain of winds and crap. I thought we were gonna flip.

I had my studio with me on the road too- for hotel room tracking. That is when I wasn't trying to get out and ski! (Breckenridge was awesome!)

Now on our week back, there's a drive out gig to Casper, CA, up north. Tomorrow night we have a gig with our keyboardist Kev Choice in Oakland. Saturday night is a Flametal show in San Jose (at the Blank Club). Then a few other gigs around town.

The rest of the month is pretty mellow. Lyrics Born will be playing on the 29th at Cochella. Now that's a big ass festival (Madonna's even on the bill) that I'd love to play, but can't. I'll be in rehearsals again with Whitesnake in LA. Oh well- you can't play 'em all, I guess. We leave to Japan the following week.

That's all for now. Who reads this shit anyways.
-U

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Uriah! I do sometimes read your blog. You've been buzy. Quite a storm you had there. I'm looking forward of seeing you this summer. At least in Helsinki in Finland. No plans for this summer though.

Enjoy your tour in Japan and see ya in Europe!!!

"gimme" aka Minna from WS BBS